Over this past Labour Day long weekend, a number of things happened:
- Both the CNE and the PNE closed for the year. (**sniff*)
- With heavy hearts, white trousers were wistfully returned to the ‘summer clothes’ section of thousands of fashionistas’ closets around the country.
- Parents faced the annual conflicting emotions associated with the first weekend of September: summer is over and kids are heading back to class (phew! We made it! We survived! It’s over!) vs. summer is over and the kids are heading back to class (how did they get to be so big?! Our baby is all grown up!)
- Summer unofficially came to a close. (We technically have until September 21 though!)
- Sandman Hotel Group handed over the final iPad2 of our ‘Summer with Sandman’ promotion.
Our lucky winner was Samantha Catto, of Abbotsford, British Columbia! She agreed to come down to our Sandman Hotel & Suites Abbotsford, and meet with our General Manager to collect the prize. Sounded fairly straightforward, but then we never said it would be easy! It turned out the General Manager, Sameer Vahidy, had become fond of the 64GB beauty, and when it came time to present it to Ms. Catto, he had a bit of trouble letting go. Literally.
After a bit of prying, and a lot of convincing, Ms. Catto, a current student enrolled in BCIT’s Event Management Program won out, and was the happy recipient of our third and final iPad2!
Congratulations again, to Ms. Catto! And for those of you staying with us, Summer with Sandman goes through until September 23, when we’ll be drawing the winner of our grand prize: a trip for two aboard the Rocky Mountaineer train!